Professor / Head of the Department
Department of Mechanical Engg,
A.C.Government College of Engg. And Tech.,
Karaikudi - 630 004., India.
Mobile Number : +91 9443441416
E-mail : email@example.com
B.E. Mechanical Engineering
M.E. Computer Aided Design
Ph.D., Contact Mechanics
Specialisation : Contact Mechanics - Tribology
Research Interests : Mechanics, Materials, Optimization, Computational Methods
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1. S Yuvaraj, R Malayalamurthi, K Venkatesh Raja, M Prabhu, V Praveen Kumar, B Pandiyan, and G Rahul,” Assessment of contact characteristics of soft fingertip applied for multi-profile grasping”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2018, Vol.402(1) doi:10.1088/1757-899X/402/1/012118.
2. S. Yuvaraj, R. Malayalamurthi, S.Gokulprasath and K. Venkatesh Raja,” Assessment of soft materials for anthropomorphic soft robotic fingertips”, Materials Testing, 2018, Vol.60(9). pp.902-906. doi.org/10.3139/120.111229.
3. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, “The influence of charge air temperature and exhaust gas recirculation on the availability analysis, performance and emission behavior of diesel - bael oil - diethyl ether blend operated diesel engine”, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2018, Vol. 32(4) pp.1835-1847.
4. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, “TOPSIS-based parametric optimization of compression ignition engine performance and emission behavior with bael oil blends for different EGR and charge inlet temperature”, Environmental Science and Pollution Research,2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-018-2048-5.
5. S. Yuvaraj, R. Malayalamurthi, S.Gokulprasath and K. Venkatesh Raja,”Assessment of the contact parameters of soft splined hemispherical finger-tip pressed against concave profile”, Materials Research Express,2018, Vol.5(6). doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/aac259
6. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, P.M. Shameer, “RSM based optimization of performance and emission characteristics of DI compression ignition engine fuelled with diesel/aegle marmelos oil/diethyl ether blends at varying compression ratio, injection pressure and injection timing”, Fuel, 2018, , vol.221, pp. 283-297.
7. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, ‘Experimental investigation on the availability, performance, combustion and emission distinctiveness of bael oil/ diesel/ diethyl ether blends powered in a variable compression ratio diesel engine’, 2017, Heat and Mass Transfer, DOI: 10.1007/s00231-018-2283-9, 2018.
8. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, ‘Effect of exhaust gas recirculation and charge inlet temperature on performance, combustion and emission characteristics of diesel engine with bael oil blends’, 2017, Energy & Environment, Vol.29(3) pp.372-391.
9. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, Availability analysis, performance, combustion and emission behavior of bael oil – diesel – diethyl ether blends in a variable compression ratio diesel engine’, Renewable Energy,2017, Vol. 119, pp. 235-252, ISSN : 0960-1481.
10. P.Yuvanarasimman, R.Malayalamurthi, “Studies on Fractures of Friction Stir Welded Al Matrix SiC-B4C Reinforced Metal Composites”, Sillcon, 2017, doi.org/10.1007/s12633-017-9614-1.
11. P.Raja, R.Malayalamurthi, “Effects of deep cryo treatment of high speed steel on the turning process of a medium carbon steel”, Materials Testing, 2017, Vol.59 (9), pp.763-768.
12. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, “Combined effect of compression ratio, injection pressure and injec-tion timing on performance and emission of a DI compression ignition engine fueled with diesel - aegle marmelos oil - diethyl ether blends using response surface methodology”, Energy&Fuels, 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acs.energyfuels.7b01515.
13. S.M. Raj Kumar, R. Malayalamurthi,“ Agglomeration and sizing of rolling particles in the sago sizing mechanism”, Powder Technology,2017,Vol.320, pp. 428–444.
14. Marlon Jones Louis, R. Malayalamurthi, “Stress response of patellofemoral joint subjected to femoral retroversion with various patellar kinematics and flexions – An FEA study” Biocybernatics and Biomedical Engineering, 2017, 37, 316-325.
15. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, “Experimental investigation on performance, emission behavior and exergy analysis of a variable compression ratio engine fueled with diesel - aegle marmelos oil - diethyl ether blends”, Energy, 2017, 128, pp. 312-318.
16. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, “A Comparison of Performance and Emission Characteristics of Three Alcohol Biofuels: Ethanol, n-butanol and Isopropyl”, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research, 2016, 40(2), Article No. 25, Pages: 115-121.
17. S. Yuvaraj, R. Malayalamurthi, and K. Venkatesh Raja (2016),”Assessment of the contact behavior of a soft hemispherical finger tip in curved profile grasping”, International Journal of Materials Research,2016, Vol.107(9), pp. 777–782.
18. M. Krishnamoorthi and R. Malayalamurthi, “A Review on Effect of Diethyl Ether Additive on Combustion, Performance and Emission Characteristics of a Diesel and Biodiesel/Vegetable oil Fuelled Engine”, Advances in Natural and Applied Sciences, 2016,10(7); Pages: 9-17.
19. P.Yuvanarasimman, R.Malayalamurthi, “A detailed review and approach on prediction of ductile fracture behavior of materials using ANN and DOE techniques”, Advances in Natural and Applied Sciences, 2015, 10(12); Pages:15-18
20. Marlon Jones Louis, R. Malayalamurthi, “Construction of human knee bone joint using FDM based 3D Printer from CT scan images” Biomedical Research, 2015, Vol.26 (4) S1-5, pp.1-5.
21. S.Nandakumar, Malayalamurthi.R, “Effect of Surfactant on the properties of diesel-ethanol blended fules”, ” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2015, Vol.10 (88), pp.1-5.
22. A.Ranjith kumar, R.Malayalamurthi, ”Investigation on Mechanical Properties of Al6082-SiC-Soda White Lime Glass Powder Metal Matrix Composite Material” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2015, Vol.10 (55), pp.3838-3843.
23. S.M. Raj Kumar, R. Malayalamurthi, R.Marappan, “A Review on Techniques for Sago Pearl Granulation and Sizing Process” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2015, Vol.10 (55), pp.3811-3818.
24. Marlon Jones Louis, R. Malayalamurthi, “Modelling of human knee bone joint through Volume Rendering Technique” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2015, Vol.10 (50), pp.545-550.
25. A.Baraniraj, R.Malayalamurthi, M.Vijayan, “Enhancing the Surface Properties of Cast Iron by Nano Composite (Ni - Zro2) Coating”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2015, Vol.10 (19), pp.14730-14735.
26. P.Raja, R.Malayalamurthi, Chennankaiah, K.Ramaraj “A Review on Optimization Parameter of Cryogenic Treatment on High Speed Steel in Turning Operation on Al6061/SIC Composite”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2015, Vol.10 (9), pp.7939-7942.
27. VenkateshRaja.K, Malayalamurthi.R, “Assessment on the contact factors of a sandwich soft finger model – An experimental investigation”, International Journal of Materials Research,2015, Vol.106(5), pp. 521–526.
28. S.M. Raj Kumar, R. Malayalamurthi, R.Marappan,“Rolling and bouncing dynamics of particles in the inclined rotating bowl for sago sizing mechanism”, Powder Technology,2014,Vol.267, pp. 279–288.
29. VenkateshRaja.K, Malayalamurthi.R, “Assessment and influence of internal rigid core on the contact parameters for soft hemispherical fingertips”, Journal of Polymer Engineering,2014, Vol.34, (2), pp. 145–152.
30. RanjithKumar.A, Malayalamurthi.R, “Characterization of Aluminium, SiC and B4C Composite Material”, Proceedings of International Interdisciplinary Research Seminar on how to do Ph.D., at International Standards”, 2013, pp. 141.
31. S. M. Raj Kumar, Malayalamurthi.R, Marrapan.R, “Analysis Of Locus Of Point On Rotating Disc In The Proposed Mechanism For Delivering Sago Granules”,International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 2012, pp. 1-6.
32. K.Venkatesh Raja ,R.Malayalamurthi, “Assessment on assorted hyper-elastic material models applied for large deformation soft finger contact problems”, International journal of Mechanics and Materials in Design, 2011, Vol. 7(4) pp.299-305.
33. G. Nallakumarasamy, PSS. Srinivasan, K. Venkatesh Raja, and R. Malayalamurthi, “Optimization of Operation Sequencing in CAPP Using Superhybrid Genetic Algorithms-Simulated Annealing Technique,” ISRN Mechanical Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 897498, 7 pages, 2011. doi:10.5402/2011/897498.
34. G.Nalakumarasamy, PSS.Srinivasan, K.VenkateshRaja andR.Malayalamurthi, “Optimization of operation sequencing in CAPP using simulated annealing techniques(SAT)”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2010, Vol. 54 pp.721-728.
35. Yuvanarasimman.P, Sekar.T, M.Raja, Malayalamurthi.R, and Balusamy.T, “Computer Aided Design and Analysis of Air Suspension System for LCV”, International Journal for Production Technology and Management (IJPTM), 2010, Vol.1(1) pp.49-53.
36. Malayalamurthi.R, Marrapan.R , “Finite element study of residual strains in a sphere after unloading from elastic plastic state”, International journal for computational methods in engineering science & mechanics, 2009, Vol.10(4) pp.277-281.
37. Malayalamurthi.R, Marrapan.R , “Elastic - plastic contact behaviour of a sphere loaded against a rigid flat”, Mechanics of Advanced Materials & Structures,2008, Vol.15(5) pp.364-370.
38. Malayalamurthi.R, Marrapan.R,” A critical investigation on the nature of material dependency of elastic plastic contact behaviour”, Proceedings of ASME/ STLE, International Joint Tribology Conference, 2008,pp. 557-559.
39. Malayalamurthi.R, Vivek. N, Marrapan.R , “Contact Analysis of Sphere and a Rigid Flat using FEM”, Manufacturing Technology Today,2006, Vol.15(5) pp.24-28.
40. Malayalamurthi.R, Marrapan.R,” Analysis of Contact Problems – Evolution and Development”, Proceedings of Global Congress on Manufacturing Management, 2004, pp. 7-15.
41. BoopathiRaja.V, Rajalingam.K, Malayalamurthi.R, Kamath.B.P, Srivastava M.C,”Thermo-structural analysis of 100 KA Aluminium Reduction Cell”, Proceedings of International Conference - Non-Ferrous Meet-2004, pp. Tech – 1B/3/1 to 1B/3/9.
PAPER PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES