About The Department
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering with its cohesive team of students and faculty members, offers a sound program at the UG as well as PG levels. The curriculum is updated regularly to keep up with the growing demands and changing trends of the software industries and the research laboratories.
“Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do – Donald Knuth”
It primarily aims at the betterment of students by providing exposure to and development in all spheres. It also organises periodic guest lectures in which eminent experts in collaboration with the industries inculcate the best available knowledge among the student fraternity in various fields.
- Offers MCA since 1985.
- Accoutred with a lending e-library.
- Acts as an intranet server.
- Provides high speed ISDN connectivity.
- Network Administration of the department has been undertaken by the students, divulging them to network management.
- Higher end fiber optic connectivity.
- Specially shared line configuration with a capacity of 942 nodes.
We ensure a competitive environment. Activities are qualitative as well as quantitative.
The great accomplishments of man have resulted from the transmission of ideas of enthusiasm. Ever open to new ideas, we have inherited as unquenchable thirst for excellence. We are pleased to recollect some of the software’s developed by our students.
- Conducts national level technical symposium annually as the hub of the proliferating technology.
- Extra and co-curricular activities promote industrial skills of the students.
- The students hone their skills by embroiling in discussion with other institution students through the newly furnished stanberg video-conferencing software with plasma display.
- Lateral entry counselling & admission. This project was approved and awarded by the central government of India.
- Staff evaluation software. This software has also been created by our students and has been recently adapted by GCT, Coimbatore.
- Classy chess.
- Cyber split.