RAGGING –AN OFFENCE
Ragging in form, in any place of time is a cognizable offence that will attract severe punishment including summery expulsion from the college.
|EXTRACT OF TAMIL NADU GOVT. GAZZETE- EXTRACT ORDINARY DT.29/01/1997 (BILL NO. 8 OF 1997TAMIL NADU PUNISHMENT OF RAGGING ACT)|
1. In this act , unless the context otherwise requires ,”RAGGING” means display of noisy ,disorder conduct ,doing any act which cause or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution and includes:
(a) Teasing , abusing or playing practical jokes on ,or causing hurt to such student ; or
(b) Asking the student to do any act or perform something which such student will not, in the ordinary course, willingly act or perform.
2. Ragging within or outside any educational institution is prohibited.
3. Whoever directly or indirectly commits , participates in , abets or propagates “Ragging “within or outside any educational institutional ,shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
4. Any student convicted of an offence under section 4 shall also be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution.
5. Without prejudice to the forgoing provisions, whenever any student complains of ragging to head of educational institution, or to any other person responsible for the management of the educational institution, such Head Of the Educational Institution or person responsible for the management of the educational institution shall inquire into the same immediately and if found true shall suspend the student, who has committed the offence, from the educational institution.
|Sl. No.||Name||Position (Chairman/||Professional Designation||Telephone numbers||Address|
|2||Mr.J.Senthil Kumaran||Member||Police Inspector||94423 36410||Nil||Alagappapuram Station, North Circle, Karaikudi|
|3||Mr.A.Elango||Member||Revenue / Taluk / Civil / Officers||94450 email@example.com||Taluk Office, Karaikudi|
|4||Mr.K.Subramanian||Member||Official of NGO||94860 firstname.lastname@example.org||ACCET, Karaikudi|
|5||Mr.K.Mohan||Member||Representatives of parents||88709 75975||Nil||2/179, Kandappankurichi, Nagar Post, Viruthachalam, Cuddalore-606 302|
|6||M.Ramesh||Member||Representatives of Students||96008 email@example.com||Final year -ECE, ACCET, Karaikudi|
|7||Mr.S.Senthil Kumar||Member||Representatives of Students category||94421 firstname.lastname@example.org||ACCET, Karaikudi|
|8||Mr. S.Jayaram||Member||Representatives Non-Teaching||94866 12576||Nil||ACCET, Karaikudi|